October 8, 2015
NCBA Executive Assistant to the Executive Committee
Join a passionate team at the epicenter of a fast-growing legal industry. The National Cannabis Bar Association (“NCBA”) formed in 2015 with the goal of educating and connecting lawyers serving cannabis businesses and helping them provide high-quality and ethical legal assistance to their clients. NCBA is led by a ten-member governing board that includes some of the leading attorneys and firms in the industry—attorneys who paved the way for this growing industry by representing clients on the front lines for years. We are supported by a volunteer base from our ever-growing membership roster.
We are seeking a part-time Executive Assistant to help our Executive Committee continue building this exciting organization. If you want to be on the ground floor of a non-profit that is the premier organization for attorneys serving cannabis businesses, consider joining our team now.
NCBA currently includes over 100 members from more than 20 states, and our goal is to have representation throughout the country and eventually internationally. NCBA’s launch garnered regional, legal, and national media attention.
Executive Assistant to the Executive Committee Reports To: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant will have responsibility for supporting the Executive Committee along with such other tasks as the Executive Committee deems necessary.
• Respond to inquiries from existing, new, and potential members.
• Proofread email, web, and newsletter content, and meeting minutes.
• Data entry, draft communications, and field incoming communications.
• Arrange date, time, location, and board availability for a minimum of four board
meetings per year.
• Prepare board meeting agenda.
• Route new members’ information to committee chairs consistent with
Website / Technology:
• Work with Executive Committee on soliciting and vetting bids for building member directory and website.
• Manage and execute all electronic mail and mail list blasts (we currently use
• Update the website, which is currently hosted on Squarespace, including the
• Research legal events in the cannabis industry and provide overview to Executive Committee and committee chairs to decide if NCBA will participate, sponsor, or
feature the event on the NCBA website.
• Maintain files in Google drive and manage tasks in Asana.
Special Project Support: Other projects as assigned by the Executive Committee, including:
• Assist Events Committee in planning two large events per year and several smaller ones in specific regions.
• Assist Educational Committee in planning and executing all legal educational events.
• Coordinate and distribute the NCBA monthly electronic newsletter.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Technical knowledge, a love of technology, and an ability to understand and vet
software application platforms.
• 2-5 years experience in executive administration/assistance with continually
increasing complexities and responsibilities with demonstrable success required.
• Experience in a startup/entrepreneurial entity and demonstrated experience
growing with a small company into a mid-size or larger company preferred.
• A passion for building successful relationships, excellent judgment, effective task
prioritization, and a very driven personality are required skills. You should possess the ability to act independently to work to assure team and organizational success.
• Part-time contractor position; at least 15 hours a week and may grow to full time.
• Paid hourly, ranging from $18.00 - $30.00 per hour commensurate with
• Although we can’t offer a retirement plan, paid vacation, or sick leave, you will
have flexibility in working location, and a positive work environment that focuses
on your work product and not the time, place, and hours you work.
• We are a strong team and want a capable and enthusiastic person to join us.
How to apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for two professional references to Shabnam Malek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted through November 15, 2015.