NCBA’s legal educational program consists of high-quality legal education presented by expert attorneys at the top of their field. Our program content is wide-ranging, relevant, and addresses everything from the foundation of the cannabis movement to the most topical issues affecting clients in all aspects of the cannabis industry. Our goal is to provide information the cannabis bar needs to become fluent in the issues that affect our cannabis industry clients.
Panel Videos from CLI 2017 Available Below
2018 Schedule of Live In-Person Continuing Legal Education Events
NCBA's CANNABIS LAW SESSIONS AT:
May 8-9, 2018, New Orleans, LA
Join us in New Orleans for an educational event consisting of minimum 6 CLE credits, and discounted access to the MJBizConNEXT Conference with purchase of NCBA's educational offerings! The Cannabis Law Sessions will take place over two days, with afternoon sessions on Tuesday, May 8 and morning sessions on Wednesday, May 9, which will lead into the MJBizConNEXT conference, running through May 11. NCBA educational content will be offered:
- May 8, 2018 1pm – 5pm
- May 9, 2018 9am – 12:30pm
NCBA will include CLE panels* on:
- The Governance Tightrope: Balancing Rights and Responsibilities
- Corporate Growth: How to Take Money to Make Money
- The Importance of Being Registered: Client Advocate or Accidental Lobbyist
- Cannablitz: The Lightning Round
- CBD: Navigating the CSA and Farm Bill
- Ethics Essentials: Investing in Clients
- Passport to International Considerations
• Moran, Courtney (Founding Principal, Earth Law, LLC)
• Nichols, Jack (General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer FLRish, Inc.)
• Romano, Valerio (Partner, Vicente Sederberg)
• Rudick, Lauren (Member, Hiller PC)
• Rutledge, Scot (Partner, Parallax Strategies, and Argentum Partners)
• Schain, Steve (Senior Attorney, Hoban Law Group)
• Segilia, Joe (General Counsel, Terra Tech)
• Simms, Kimberly (Law Office of Kimberly R. Simms)
• Westbrook, Elizabeth (Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney PC)
• Wykowski, Henry (Partner, Wykowski & Associates)
• Altshuler, Sherri (Partner, Aird & Berlis)
• DeCaro, Lara (Partner, Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Metzger & Melnick, LLP, NCBA Founding Board Member)
• Farrinton, Cassandra (MJBiz)
• Fendrick, Sabrina (Director of Government Affairs, Berkeley Patients Group)
• Figueroa, Omar (Partner, Law Offices of Omar Figueroa)
• Goldman, Andi B. (Principal, ABG Advisory/Equitas Partners Fund)
• Hasan, Afzal (EVP, Corporate Development and General Counsel, CannaRoyalty)
• Jennings, John M. (Harter Secrest & Emery LLP)
• Lanier, Colleen Keahey (Executive Director, Hemp Industry Association (HIA))
• McDougal, Amy (President, CLEAResources, LLC)
NCBA AT NCIA BUSINESS SUMMIT & EXPO
July 25, 2018, San Jose, CA
More Information Coming Soon!
NCBA CANNABIS LAW INSTITUTE
September 7–8, 2018, Washington D.C.
More Information Coming Soon!
For all live in-person CLE events, founding lifetime members please contact email@example.com for more information about your registration details.
July 2017 Cannabis Law Institute
The seminal two-day cannabis industry legal education event produced by the National Cannabis Bar Association and co-sponsored and hosted by the University of Denver Sturm College of Law took place on July 28-29, 2017.
Click through to visit the:
The 2017 Archived Video with Course Materials (free access for attendees). Course materials and archived video are available for purchase by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (no CLE credit available for non-attendees).
The 2017 Schedule Archive (free access).
Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers
NCBA presented our cannabis industry continuing legal education program for a second year in a row in connection with the National Cannabis Industry Association's Annual Business Summit & Expo. Click through for archive pages:
NCBA Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers (free access)
Course Materials (attendee access only)